And in the spirit of lo-fi open source advertising, check this out. Anup Kurian is the director of an independent film showing at the Waterman’s in Brentford. He wrote in asking for help. Read the post, but go see his film (March 11 to March 17 at Watermans, 19 to 20 March at the Tricycle Cinema in Kilburn)
Dear Dug, I chanced upon your blog - donkeyontheedge.com and read your posting on Google courting Entertainment Marketers. I am the writer-director of feature film Manasarovar - www.manasarovar.info - (India / English / 90Min). The film plays in London at Watermans Center - for a week starting March 11 and later at Tricycle Cinema. Manasarovar, film made for about 20,000 pounds on a 16mm camera bought from EBAY has won many awards and participated/selected in prestigious festivals.
Needless to say we have zero marketing budget. It would be great if you can mention the film and the screenings in Watermans and Tricycle in your blog. And it would be even great you and your friends can catch the film.
- Aravindan Puraskaram for Best Debut Director in India
- Gollapudi Srinivas National Award for Best Debut Director in India
- Official Selection - London Film Festival 2004 (only feature film from India)
- Opening Film, Indian Panorama, International Film Festival of India, Goa, 2004
- Best Film and Special Jury Prize, International Film Festival of Mumbai, 2005
- Fukuoka International Film Festival, Fukuoka, Japan, 2005
Detailed screenings of the film are available at
- Watermans Center - March 11 to March 17 - http://www.watermans.org.uk
- Tricycle Cinema - Sat 19th- Sun 20th March
http://www.manasarovar.info/where.htm Here is a recent review of the film Thanks and regards,